We realize that although valet parking has been around for quite some time, for some of you it may be a new experience. After all, relatively few people go to expensive hotels and top-notch events on a regular basis. For this reason, first time users of valet parking services may feel a bit intimidated. Fear not. Below we share some tips for how to use a parking service without feeling awkward.
- Remove valuable items from your car: While you can completely trust our valets, it is a good habit to not store valuable items in your car. This will give you peace of mind and enable you to enjoy the event you are attending.
- Leave your car running: One of the most important pieces of etiquette when using a valet parking is to not turn off your car. Keeping your key in the ignition when you exit your vehicle will allow the valet to work faster as he or she may have several customers needing to be serviced.
- Have some cash on hand: Even if you can tip with a card, a cash tip is always the best route to go. Therefore, have some cash on hand to reward prompt, courteous service and to spare you and the valet embarrassment.
- Grab everything you will need for the night: Before you get out of the car, make sure you have your cell phone, wallet, tickets, etc. The valet can go out to retrieve these items if you forget them but taking them with you will make things easier for them and more convenient for you. Lesson: Do a self-check as you exit the vehicle.
- Inform the valet of your vehicle’s mechanical quirks: Does your car door stick? Do you have a touchy alarm system? If your car has these or any other quirks, let the valet know. He/she will appreciate having this information.
- Keep the claim ticket safe: Keep your claim ticket in your wallet or purse. After all, a ticket guarantees the safety of your vehicle and helps valets find your car easier. If lost, you will have to go through a time-consuming process when picking up your vehicle. This will inconvenience both you and the valet.
Valet parking is not new. It has been a part of the hospitality industry for many years. However, it is a premium service that has its own set of etiquette that you (as a guest) should understand. We hope the following tips will help make the experience a pleasant one for you and your guests should you choose our company. Contact us for the best special event and airport valet parking services now.